I stood in the middle of an endless field. Something seemed awkward or different, though I couldn’t place my finger on it. Then it came to me. There was no sound in the entire place except my breathing. There were no animals or wind or anything. I looked up at the sky, trying to find a bird, and found that it was light purple in color. I thought I must have fallen into a strange world.
As I stood there thinking about what had happened, the ground began to shake. I heard a faint rumbling and rasping of metal against stone all around me. Little by little things began to appear. Buildings and towers grew out of the ground. A tower began to grow right underneath me taking me to the heights.
I studied these towers a little closer. They were shaped strangely. Some even had holes right in their middle. Others had rings of metal flung out in front of them looking like large bubble blowers. As more and more of them appeared, it began to look more like a gigantic obstacle course than a city.
Something inside me told me to jump off the building I was on and fly over to the next building. Strangely, this sounded perfectly reasonable. I ran to the edge and threw myself off whooping with delight. The wind rushed around my body, pushing my hair back and billowing my clothes behind me. Finally, I stretched out and willed myself towards the next tower. Amazingly, my body obeyed. I actually flew towards the nearest tower!!
I kept flying like this for a long time, willing myself towards different towers until I got used to the movement. Then I decided to try something. Would I be able to take off from the ground? I landed so that I could try it.
I stood on the field, surrounded by those towers, gathering my strength. Then let loose. I threw myself into the air willing myself to fly higher and higher. It worked! I could take off from the ground.
I continued to fly through the towers for a while just enjoying the feeling of flying. It is like nothing you can imagine! The wind is rushing past you and gravity has no hold on you. You can defy the laws of physics only using your mind! It is great! No, it is better than great! It is spectacular!!
Suddenly, I began to feel as if I was moving down. In fact, I was. I was drifting back to the earth, contrary to what my mind was saying. I fought it with all my strength, trying to stay up in the air. I landed hard on my knees. I got up slowly and began to gather my strength. I knew I could take off once more. There was never any doubt in my mind.
I leapt and willed myself upwards. I flew up about ten feet then began to fall. Not just drift back down, but fall quickly. I looked at the ground and saw that a deep chasm had opened just where I had been. I was falling right into it. There was nothing I could do to avoid it.
Just as I thought I would die, I landed hard on something soft. I sat up, looked around and found myself in my bed. It had all been a dream!
No comments:
Post a Comment