Entry number 53947
Date 40/07/29065 R.Q.
Location High orbit of unknown planet
General report on alien race
This morning, by this planet’s standards, my companion and I landed on the planet to gather information on the alien race that inhabits it. Our landing was unobserved by the aliens because of our use of a cloaking device. We landed just outside what seemed to be a heavily populated area and, after observing a few of the natives, were able to fashion disguises that would pass their inspection. They are very undeveloped creatures and have no technology that would help them identify what exactly we are. We don’t mean them any harm, but as our observations continued, we saw that they would probably harm us if they knew who we were.
After creating the disguises, we entered the populated area, and soon learned their primitive speech. they seem incapable of telepathic communication and instead use vocal sounds to express themselves. Seeing as it was very basic, consisting of approximately 1,000,000 words, we were able to catch on quickly.
Armed now with speech and disguises, we felt comfortable talking to some of the specimens directly. Most of the ones we talked to looked at us strangely and answered slowly, but they responded well to our first prodding. We quickly learned that a great news center was based very near to our location. Immediately, we headed to that place. As it is on Carzumine, these creatures have a center of news which announces what happens during the day. We walked (yes, walked. These creatures have not yet mastered the art of levitating or teleportation!) to this center of news, expecting to understand more of these creatures.
We entered the building that had over the door a sign saying “the Chicago Tribune”. We expected this to be the name of the publication, but we were not sure. We asked one of the creatures in the building that seemed to be knowledgeable and helpful to whomever entered if this was a news center. The creature responded in the affirmative after giving us a strange look. I guess it is strange for them to ask such questions. the creature then pointed us to a small stand with a large stack of wood pulp paper with ink on it. They also don’t seem to have mastered the electronic form of presenting news.
My companion and I thanked the creature and picked up one of the copies. As soon as I began to read it, I was disgusted at the creatures on that planet. They refused to report the good news of their fellows, but instead dwelt on the bad. Throughout the entire copy of news, I saw stories on war, famine, death, mutilation, and many other atrocities that our society would not allow to be printed. on one page, I saw a list of everyone who had died that day, yet there was no list of children that had been born.
My partner and I, quickly got out of the building and walked as fast as our disguises would allow, back to our landing pod. We then immediately took off, to return to our ship. Those creatures on the planet circling below us are part of a race that delights in knowing the atrocities committed by their fellows at their fellows. They seem to not have any remorse for the killings and destruction that goes on on their planet!
I will soon send out a notice to all interplanetary travelers to avoid this planet at all costs! If any of us, scientists one and all, landed there and was discovered by that race, we would be destroyed by them if not captured and analyzed. Their scientists think that the best way to understand something is to take it apart and study each part individually and in a very detailed manner. I cannot see how that would help them understand. How do they see how the entire system works together if they take it apart? Can they put it back together again? I don’t believe so!
We are now preparing to leave this orbit and never return. I must man the controls for extended space flight. Report Over.
No comments:
Post a Comment