The day flew by and the darkness came. The wind of night chased the sun away and brought forth the moon and stars. The dark of night then covered the world in its shadow.
Seeing this, I called my eleven companions and we fled. We fled from evil Tyranny and fled towards distant Liberty. With weapons drawn, we ran to save our lives from their dooms.
We were outlaws, people thrown out and rejected by their own friends. We had done nothing, but wish for Liberty and not for Tyranny. This choice, I guess for I do not know, was the one for which we were expelled.
We were not only expelled, but also treated like beasts; we were hunted in the wild by the Tyrant’s demonic hunters. It was impossible for them to lose our trail. We took care not to leave one, but they stayed behind us. We had yet to see them, but each day we felt them closer. We ran on day and night, but they, tireless, got closer every weary step.
One night I felt my heart despair and wonder where this place of Liberty, if such a place existed, could be. Then, crying out with strong voices, we called out to the powerful gods and asked for aid on our endless quest. Suddenly before us stood the Lord of Lords and King of Kings. His holy raiment blinded us and we felt like dogs cowering at his feet.
“Do not worry or be afraid.” He said to us. “I will guide you to the place of liberty. You will follow my star, the one I placed in the sky to help such as you. You will be tireless as eagles and powerful as bears. Now take your things and follow me until we reach Liberty.”
My companions and I picked up our few things and off we ran following the glowing star of our glorious guide. Effortlessly and tirelessly we flew through the forest from dusk to dawn. Finally, as dawn came, we saw before us our destination.
We stood as people paralyzed for we were mesmerized by the beauty of Liberty. With a powerful and joyful yell, though none could tell where the energy came from, we ran into the place of liberty. I ran up to the surrounding wall and, looking out, I saw the demonic hunters leave in wrath back to Tyranny on the same path we had just traveled. I yelled in triumph and with my companions, celebrated the Lord of Hosts, our Guide and Shepherd.
Now I live in the place of Liberty still, and every day our numbers increase by others who come to Liberty from Tyranny. I now rejoice that all those people made a choice and chose Liberty and to be free from Tyranny. I also mourn for those who don’t make a choice, and cannot rejoice in the place of Liberty and in the presence of the Glorious Lamb. I give my praise with all the others to the Prince of Peace and Glorious King for my salvation and not my condemnation.
No comments:
Post a Comment